Fisherman's Stew (Cioppino)
- Vicky Bryant
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can whole tomatoes, plus juice (crush by hand)
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) white wine
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parsley, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, de-ribbed, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme
- 2 tsp (10 ml) basil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 deboned and cubed filet of seabass, cod or other whitefish
- 12 prawns
- 12 scallops
- 12 mussels
- 12 clams
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT seafood in crockpot.
- Cook 6 to 8 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving, add your seafood.
- Turn heat to high at this time.
- Stir occasionally and very gently.
- Use your own personal preferences when it comes to the seafoods. You may add water to this recipe to thin out but the thicker version is very good. Serve with sourdough bread and dunk away.