- Super Easy & Very Tasty! Friends Love This!
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). stew beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- potatoes, celery, carrots and onions, cut in cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) (heaping) Oxo Beef Powder or other beef boullion concentrate
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced garlic
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 can whole mushrooms
- Put meat,flour, salt & pepper in crock pot and coat meat well.
- Meat does not to be browned. Trust me!
- Into hot water add Oxo Beef Powder, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and minced garlic.
- Add to crockpot with all other ingredients.
- Top to rim of pot with water.
- Mix well.
- Add bay leaves and cook on high all day.
- Before serving add can of whole mushrooms including juice(adding mushroom juice is optional).
- Heat long enough for mushroom to heat through.
- This is the very best stew recipe I have. Coating the meat with flour will
help it to get brown and will thicken the gravy. I have also made this recipe
the night before, stored in refridgerator raw and put on in the morning to cook.
Cutting raw onions in the morning is not a fun thing! Enjoy!