One Pot Tortollini and Spinach Soup
- Tortollini soup made from a bacon and onion base
- 1 lb (.5 kg). frozen tortollini
- 1 pkg. frozen whole leaf spinach
- 3 cans (14-1/2 oz (406 grm).) chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 strips of bacon
- In deep stockpot, fry bacon strips until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Remove all but 2 tbsp (30 ml) bacon fat from stockpot.
- Turn heat to medium and add onions and garlic
- Cook until pearlized. Do not brown!
- Add the chicken broth and simmer (approx. 10 minutes)
- Add frozen spinach to simmering soup and allow to thaw.
- Add the tortollini.
- Simmer another 7 minutes or until tortollini rise to the top.
- Pour into soup bowls and top with crumbled bacon bits