- Chuck found it on the web
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can Thai Kitchen pure coconut milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) uncooked sticky rice
- Soak rice in cold water for 3 hours.
- Drain and steam over boiling water for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Combine coconut milk, sugar and salt.
- Simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- As soon as the rice is cooked, put it in a bowl and pour the coconut mixture over it.
- Stir to combine well.
- Allow rice to rest for 30 to 60 minutes to absorb the coconut milk.
- You may serve the sticky Rice on a platter or individual bowls.
- Garnish each bowl with cut mango.
- Serve it warm or at room temperature.
- Sticky rice is available in Asian stores or some Health Food stores.
Sticky rice needs to be soaked and then steamed in a bamboo steamer lined with cheesecloth or a steamer insert over a large pot of boiling water.
Hope this is what you are looking for. Sticky rice for Sushi is prepared differently. Have it also, if you want it.