- Date Filled Cookie Recipe
- Chucks copy of the Heart of Settlement Cookbook 1951
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) rolled oats
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) walnut pieces (optional)
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, melted
- 1 lb (.5 kg) pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- rind of 1 lemon
- rind of 1 orange
- Mix all ingredients (except filling), stirring in butter last.
- Pat half the mixture into a greased 9 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Spread with the date filling.
- Place remaining dough over filling.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- Cut while warm.
- Dust with powdered sugar or top with plain icing.
- To Make Filling:
- Boil all ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Hope this is what you are looking for. Also have a " Date Pinwheel"
if you would like it let me know . It is also a filled cookie.