- chicken,BBQ'd in the oven
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/4 stick melted butter
- garlic salt
- KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce
- Wash chicken.
- Cut chicken in half along breast bone & backbone.
- Melt butter & rub all over chicken.
- Generously sprinkle chicken with garlic salt & pepper.
- Place chicken on broiler pan, skin side down.
- Put a quart of water in broiler pan.
- Bake in 425 degree (225 C.) oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven & turn oven to broil.
- Smear BBQ sauce over entire chicken.
- Place chicken skin side up & broil til sauce sears on (doesn't take very long).
- This dish is so easy and a favorite chicken recipe in my family.