- Talk About Good II, Jr. League of Lafayette, Louisiana 1979
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). shrimp, shelled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fat
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 4 cups (950 ml) stock (shrimp, ham, or chicken)
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 dozen oysters
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked chicken, diced
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cooked rice
- hearts of celery
- Put shrimp in pan and cover with cold water; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until shrimp are tender; about 5 minutes; drain, saving stock.
- Melt fat in a pan and stir in flour.
- Blend in hot stock, vegetables and oysters and simmer a few minutes until tender.
- Add shrimp, ham, chicken and rice.
- Stir until piping hot.
- Turn onto a hot platter and decorate with parsley, hearts of celery, radishes and scallions.