- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1/2 tspfinely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cider vinegar
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in water, then raisins, lemon peel, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbley.
- May be served with ham, pork or poultry. I checked many resources and couldn't find any with honey as an ingredient. Many listed raisin sauce recipes to serve with tongue and had added ingredients such as Worcestershire sauce.