Casserole of Chicken and Rice
- Delicious and easy, yet low in calorie, chicken and rice casserole.
- D. Lishus
- 1 can low calorie/fat condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can fat free evaporated skim milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) uncooked regular long grain rice
- 1 4-ounce can mushroom pieces, undrained
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix (like Lipton's)
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix soup and milk; reserve 1/2 cup (125 ml) soup mixture.
- Mix remaining soup mixture, the rice, mushrooms with their liquid and half of the dry onion soup mix.
- Spoon into ungreased rectangular baking dish, 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inches.
- Place chicken on rice mixture.
- Pour reserved soup mixture over chicken and rice.
- Sprinkle remaining dry onion soup over chicken and rice.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- So easy and tasty; serve with steamed broccoli or salad and enjoy!