Slow Cooker Chicken and Dressing
- Joe Craft II
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 large fryer chicken
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 large onion
- salt, pepper, and sage to taste
- 2 eggs
- Boil large fryer, cool, debone and set aside.
- Set broth in fridge until cold.
- Remove fat from top.
- Chop one bunch of celery and one large onion and cook slowly in chicken fat.
- Add the chicken broth (rewarmed).
- Add salt,pepper,and sage to taste.
- Add 2 parts cornbread and 1 part whitebread, mix until smooth.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Mix until the right consistency.
- Add chicken and cook in slow-cooker on HIGH setting about 2 hours.
- Better if made a day ahead and can be frozen for a few weeks.