- Excellent dinner served over rolls
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). beef stew meat
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) bottled barbecue sauce
- 6 French rolls, halved
- In crock pot, combine kidney beans, pinto beans, Great Northern beans, green peppers, and onions.
- Top with beef.
- Pour 1 cup (225 ml) barbecue sauce over all.
- Do not mix.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
- Reduce heat setting to low and cook, covered 5 hours.
- Remove cover and stir in remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) barbecue sauce.
- Cook uncovered 1/2 to 1 hour longer.
- Serve over split French rolls.
- We usually double the beans and use 1 pound beef.
Tip -- Do not use barbecue sauce that contains dehydrated vegetables.