- John in Lafayette IN.
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef or pork
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can green chiles
- 1 can tomato soup
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) salsa
- 2 cups (475 ml) corn
- 2 oz (56 grm). ripe olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) red chile powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) catsup
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package cornmeal muffin mix
- Brown meat in skillet with onion.
- Drain fat from meat.
- Stir in next 10 ingredients and simmer until bubbly.
- Spray a 9" x 11" glass dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon meat mixture in to glass dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix cornmeal muffin mix according to package directions.
- Spoon cornmeal muffin mix over center of casserole.
- Bake until cornbread is slightly browned on top.