- 24 slices of firm white sandwich bread, crusts trimmed
- 1 (8oz) brick cream cheese, not 1/3 less fat, softened
- yolk from 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 c sugar
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- Roll bread slices flat with a rolling pin.
- Mix cream cheese, egg yolk and 1/4c sugar.
- Spread a scant tbsp on each slice; roll up tightly.
- Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Brush rollups (including ends) with butter; roll in sugar mixture to coat.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate or freeze at least 2 hours.
- (To store, freeze up to 2 months)
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Bake rollups on cookie sheet 9 - 12 minutes until bottoms are glazed and golden brown.
- Remove immediately to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut each diagonally in 3 pieces.
- Eat warm or cold.