- Art of Cooking, Preparing and Presenting Fine Food, HP 1986
Serves/Makes:1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Roquefort or blue cheese, crumbled
- Pour wine into sauce pan and cook over medium heat until reduced by one third.
- Slowly add cream, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until reduced by half.
- Stir in crumbled cheese and beat until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Serve with pasta or meat.