- 1 lb (.5 kg). almond paste
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) light corn syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) marshmallow creme
- approx. 6 cups (1425 ml) powdered sugar
- Mix together all ingredients except the sugar.
- Add the sugar slowly until the dough is stiff and like pie dough crust.
- Knead until smooth and uniform.
- Wrap in plastic and let it age at least 24 hours.
- Divide into 4 pieces, color as you want.
- When coloring, use paste colors and a small brush to paint the blush on fruits.
- Allow shapes to stand for several hours.
- Glaze with a mixture of 1/4 cup (60 ml) light corn syrup and 1 tbs (15 ml) hot water.
- Allow glazed shapes to set for several hours.