Easy-n-Tasty Brunswick Stew
- By using some prepared food and pantry items, this meal can be made in seconds - and the family will love it.
- D. Lishus
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). cooked chicken or pork or combination
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) meat drippings or oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) tomato catsup
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked potatoes, diced
- 2 cans or more creamed style corn (depending on how "corny" you like it)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). hot sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large pan, cover and heat slowly.
- Heat through and season to taste, adding more salt, pepper and hot sauce to your liking.
- Good old-fashioned cooking could not be more simple and delicious.