- Beef enchiladas the easy way - using all the shortcuts and ending up with all the flavor!
- D. Lishus
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 can refried beans
- 4 cups (950 ml) (approximately) shredded cheese - cheddar, monterey jack or combination
- 8 to 10 corn tortillas
- lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, jalapenos - whatever you like on yours!
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 ml). oil in large skillet and cook onions and ground beef.
- While that's cooking, combine the enchilada sauce and refried beans in a sauce pan and heat gently, stirring together to mix.
- After beef is browned and onions are softened, add about 1/2 enchilada sauce mixture to beef, not too saucy, so perhaps less than half - you decide.
- Soften a corn tortilla in some hot oil, and put in a handful of cheese, and top with a couple spoonfuls of beef mixture.
- Roll up and place in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Repeat this process with remaining tortillas, beef and cheese, but save two to three cups of cheese for topping.
- After all the enchiladas are rolled and fit into dish, pour the remaining portion of enchilada sauce-refried bean mixture all over; sprinkle with two to three cups of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25-30 min.
- Serve these with the lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, jalepenos and something extra special would some guacamole - Muy Bueno!