Chicken Almond Cream Soup
- Beautiful soup from Virginia
- D. Lishus
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1 quart (950 ml) milk (preferably part milk and part 1/2 and 1/2 cream)
- 2 tsp (10 ml). instant chicken bouillion granules
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 4-oz. jar button mushrooms, halved
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and pepper and, stirring constantly, cook over low heat for one minute.
- Gradually stir in milk/cream.
- Add bouillion granules and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in chicken, almonds and mushrooms.
- Stir often and cook until heated through.
- This is what you have been looking for - enjoy!