- Warm Filling Vegetable Beef Soup
- Alice Stansberry
Serves/Makes:10 to 15 medium bowls
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) ground beef (optional)
- 8oz. spaghetti (Thin)
- 32 oz (896 grm). tomato sauce
- 32 oz (896 grm). of Ragu Zesty Spaghetti Sauce
- 32 oz (896 grm). frozen or canned mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, potatoes,green beans) may use fresh
- 2 large onions(diced)
- 16 oz (448 grm). can pinto beans (optional) this makes the soup filling
- 1 tsp (5 ml) McCormick Season-All
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- Saute beef in fry pan with salt, pepper, season-all, garlic powder, and onions until fully cooked.
- Bring to boil 4 quarts (3775 ml) water, add spaghetti and cook for 8 minutes(do not over cook), rinse & drain.
- Using a large deep pot add cooked beef mixture, sauces, vegetables, pinto beans, and drained spaghetti.
- Let simmer for 30 to 45 mins.
- Serve with buttery crackers, country corn bread or toasted bread.
- This recipe was born during one of our ice storms and I had only gas top
range working and I had leftover spaghetti and meats balls needed to
prepare something that was hearty and filling for my family.
Hope you enjoy the meal.You can freeze the leftover and serve another day.