Prickly Pear Quick Coffee Cake Braid
- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:8 or more servings
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 3 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c butter
- 3 oz (84 grm) cream cheese
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/2 c preserves--any flavor you choose
- sliced almonds
- powdered sugar glaze
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Blend in milk.
- Knead 8-10 times on lightly floured surface.
- On cookie sheet sprayed with PAM roll dough into a 12 X 8" rectangle.
- Spread preserves down center third of dough.
- Make 2 1/2" cuts at 1" intervals on sides.
- Fold strips over filling, alternating sides.
- Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes.
- Drizzle the warm coffee cake with simple powdered sugar glaze.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Makes an impressive presentation and always goes over well.