Cajun Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- Mark White
Serves/Makes:4 Cajuns or 12 Regular Folks!
- Large pot (6 quart)
- 1 cup (225 ml) extra light olive oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) white onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced garlic (from jar) or 2 cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch (5 or 6 stalks) scallions, chopped (aka: green onions)
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh parsley, chopped (or 1/4 cup (60 ml) dried)
- 1 cup (225 ml) green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). smoked beef sausage, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups (700 ml) uncooked long grain rice
- 5 cups (1175 ml) chicken broth, preheated
- Cut everything up ahead of time.
- Set stove to MED-HI.
- In a 6 quarts (5675 ml) pot, add olive oil.
- Add the onions and stir.
- Cook until the onions start to turn clear.
- Add the garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and stir.
- Add scallions, parsley, bell peppers and stir.
- Add sausage, chicken, rice and pre-heated chicken broth.
- Set stove to HI and bring to boil then turn down to simmer.
- Cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with some warmed buttered garlic bread of your choice.
Add Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste, if desired.
Acquired from Justin Wilson's tv show.