- Good basic recipe for a popular dish.
- D. Lishus
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) instant oatmeal
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef OR 1/2 beef 1/2 pork
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) ketchup
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together everything, except for the oil, ketchup and tomato sauce.
- Mix very thoroughly and make sure it is well combined.
- Roll and shape meat mixture into a loaf.
- Wrap in wax paper and put in freezer for 30 minutes or in refridgerator for 2 hours - remove.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and brown the loaf on all sides.
- Combine the ketchup and tomato sauce in seperate small bowl and stir.
- Spread the ketchup and tomato mixture over the loaf.
- Close lid and bring pressure to second red ring over high heat.
- Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at second red ring; cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use natural release method.
- Serve in slices with sauce over top.
- Round out the meal with some creamy mashed potatoes and steamed veggies for a dinner to enjoy.
Leftover meatloaf maked wonderful sandwiches, too!