Faster Than Take Out Chicken Dinner
- Low Calorie Chicken Breast Meal
- Pat Doherty
- 1 14-1/2 oz (406 grm). can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz (224 grm). water
- 1 packet of Lipton onion soup
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet.
- Quickly brown chicken breasts on each side.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 5 min.
- Mix canned tomatoes, water and 1 packet of Lipton onion soup together.
- Add this mixture to skillet, baste chicken and cover.
- Cook chicken on medium heat for 10 min.
- Turn chicken over, baste and uncover.
- Cook for another 10 - 15 minutes depending on thickness of chicken breasts.
- Sauce should be reduced by half. Make sure it doesn't evaporate entirely.
Great served with couscous. I use Near East brand. Cooks up in 5 min. and doesn't require any oil or butter in cooking process.
Reheats nicely, so it can be made ahead.