- A nice compliment to baked ham.
Serves/Makes:2 1/2 c.
- 1 30 oz (840 grm). can fruit cocktail
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) currant jelly
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sherry or port wine
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- Drain fruit cocktail, reserving 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) juice.
- Combine drained juice, orange juice concentrate, jelly, wine and ginger in saucepan.
- Heat until jelly melts, stirring occasionally.
- Blend cornstarch and lemon juice until smooth and combine with helly mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add fruit cocktail to thickened sauce and heat 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with ham.
- Sauce (before addition of fruit cocktail) may be used as a baste during the last 15 minutes of time that the ham is baking.