- 1/4 cup (60 ml) wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh thyme or basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) crumbled blue cheese
- Blend all ingredients together, except blue cheese.
- Crumble cheese in and toss with salad greens.
- We had a wonderful Blue Cheese Vinaigrette at Napenthe restaurant in Big Sur. They wouldn't part with the recipe so we came up with our own. If you would like it a little sweet just add a teaspoon or so of sugar. We like it as is.