- 2 lbs (.9 kg). uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined - tail on
- 1 cube butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Soak wood skewers if you are using wooden ones.
- Rinse and dry shrimp.
- Skewer 4 to 6 shrimp on each skewer, depending on size of shrimp.
- Melt butter and saute garlic.
- Add seasoning salt and paprika.
- Grill shrimp basting frequently with butter mixture until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Turn shrimp to baste and grill on both sides.
- This is our answer to Monterey Bay Canners or Seafood Broiler.
Serve with a buttery rice pilaf and tossed green salad.
Marinading shrimp has never been necessary if basted frequently enough while grilling.
Use 1/2 size skewers for hors d'oeurve portions.