- Delicious salad of green beans and other veggies for an outdoor party or candelight dinner on the patio.
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup (225 ml) frozen or fresh whole corn kernals, cooked or par-boiled but still crunchy
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped black olives
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green olives, optional
- 3/4 - 1 cup (225 ml) really good italian dressing, or favorite vinagrette
- fresh parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook grean beans until just tender and drain.
- Combine them with the other ingredients and toss well.
- Chill and serve cold or at room temperature.
- Add parmesan cheese to your liking and perhaps some extra virgin olive oil, salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Excellent for outside entertaining or dining. Also perfect for picnics. serve along with some grilled salmon or chicken in a lemon-garlic butter and some roasted new potatoes with rosemary - now that's fine dining!
Editors note: Since I don't have your email address, thank you d. lishus for all your contributions.