Creamy Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Tender chicken wrapped in bacon and baked in a creamy sauce
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 4 6 oz (168 grm). boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 large slices of bacon - prefer honey/maple smoked
- 4 thick slices of herb or regular cream cheese - about the size of your finger
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz (301 grm).) condensed cream of chicken soup (you can use cream of anything you like, if you don't have chicken - be creative and try something new!)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cream or milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- pinch of sugar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- chopped chives or green onions to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Pound out the chicken breasts until flattened out a bit and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Put a slice of cream cheese in the middle of each one and sprinkle with chives and roll up each one.
- Wrap each rolled breast with a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix until smoothe to make the sauce.
- Place the rolled chicken breasts in a well greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish and pour over the sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour or until chicken is cooked and juicy.