- Breakfast Casserole
- Carol Welte
- 6 cups (1425 ml) frozen hashbrown potatoes
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked, diced ham
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded cheese (any)
- 7 oz (196 grm). roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 4-1/2 oz (126 grm). sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- Spray 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle 3 cups (700 ml) potatoes evenly in baking dish.
- Layer with ham, shredded cheese, peppers and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle remaining potatoes over mushrooms.
- Beat eggs, milk, cottage cheese & pepper till blended.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let sit for 1 hour.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour or until set in center.