- Diabetic Menus, Meals And Recipes (1949)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml). cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 egg
- 1 grain saccharin
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- Scald one and a quarter cups milk.
- Mix salt and cornstarch with one quarter cup cold milk and stir until smooth.
- Beat egg until light and frothy.
- Add scalded milk slowly to the beaten egg and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook over boiling water until mixture coats the spoon.
- Remove from the fire.
- Add vanilla and saccharin and stir until saccharin is dissolved.
- Food Value Of 1/4 Recipe: C 6.6 grams; Prot 4.6 grams; Fat 5.1 grams; Cal 91.