- Diabetic Menus, Meals And Recipes (1949)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream (20%)
- 1/4 grain saccharin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). vanilla
- salt to taste
- Beat egg, add cream, saccharin which has been dissolved in a small amount of hot water, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix and pour into individual custard cups.
- Set cups in a pan of hot water and baked in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven until done.
- The custard is done when a silver knife inserted into the middle of the custard is clean when removed.
- Note: Milk may be substituted for the cream to reduce the fat content.
- Food Value Entire Recipe: C 4.8 grams; Prot 9.6 grams; Fat 30 grams; Cal 328