- A moist cream cheese brownie pie.
- Pillsbury's 50th Anniversary Bake-Off
- 1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust (from 15 oz (420 grm). package), softened as directed on package
- 1 8 oz (224 grm) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 15.1 oz (422.8 grm). package Pillsbury Thick 'n Fudgy Hot Fudge Swirl Deluxe Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust filled pie using a 9 inch pie pan.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 or the eggs; beat until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Reserve hot fudge packet from brownie mix for topping.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, 1 tbsp (15 ml) or the water and remaining 2 eggs; beat 50 strokes with a spoon.
- Spread 1/2 cup (125 ml) brownie mixture in bottom of crust-lined pan.
- Spoon and carefully spread cream cheese mixture over brownie layer.
- Top with remaining brownie mixture; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is puffed and crust is golden brown.
- If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- (Pie may have cracks on surface.)
- Place hot fudge packet in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir in remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml) water.
- Drizzle fudge over top of pie.
- Cool 3 hours or until completely cooled.
- Store in refrigerator.
- This recipe was created by Roberta Sonefeld of Hopkins, South Carolina.
Her husband doesn't even like desserts much but maybe the $1,000,000.00 prize will change his mind!