- Cal Poly Pomona FN 121 class -1969
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 12 oz (336 grm). package large macaroni
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) margarine
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) flour (Wondra is easiest to mix in)
- 4 cups (950 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white pepper
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). loaf Kraft Velveta cheese, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin (optional)
- Cook macaroni in boiling, salted water until tender; drain.
- Make white sauce by melting margarine and blending inflour.
- Add milk and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add seasonings to white sauce and stir in cheese.
- Put cooked macaroni in baking dishes that have been sprayed with vegetable spray.
- (One 3 to 4 qt. casserole or two 1 1/2 to 2 qt. casseroles).
- Pour sauce over macaroni.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 minutes.
- I've never been to J & S Cafeteria but this is a great macaroni and cheese recipe.