- mhb from nj
- 1 lb (.5 kg) boneless lamb cut into cubes
- 1 medium to large onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt(optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground black pepper
- 2 c beef broth
- 2 c water
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes(2 cups)
- 1 medium turnip,peeled and chopped(1 cup)
- 1 9 oz (252 grm) package of frozen cut green beans
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried oregano
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven combine lamb,onion, bayleaf,salt..if using, pepper, beef broth and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about an hour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Adjust the seasonings and serve.
- This recipe was adapted from BETTER HOMES and GARDENS....SOUPS & STEWS cook book.