- Wonderful cheese soup with a hint of applejuice that adds a beautiful sweetness to the yummy creaminess!
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) half-n-half
- 4 cups (950 ml) Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (225 ml) apple juice
- Melt butter in large soup pot or saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onion until very soft and a golden color - a few minutes will do.
- Whisk in flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk and half-n-half; stirring constantly until thickened.
- Gradually add cheese; stir until melted and combined.
- Whisk in juice; heat thoroughly, gently stirring, over low heat, careful not to boil.
- Serve at once and enjoy!