Italian Sausage with Rosemary
- Chuck N
Serves/Makes:2 1/2 lbs.
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). lean ground pork butt
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) dry basil, or 1/4 tsp (1 ml) fresh
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) dry oregano, or 1/4 tsp (1 ml) fresh
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml) fennel seed--up to 1 tbsp (15 ml). if you like dominant fennel flavor
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) beef or chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley, with stems removed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) rosemary, crushed (more or less to taste)
- casings (water packed. They should NOT be packed in salt, get fresh casings from the butcher)
- Buy lean butt or even leaner cut of pork.
- Trim all visible fat from the outside, then cube, removing the interior fat.
- Coarse grind and remove any gristle, cartilage and veins of fat.
- Grind again then add dry seasonings and blend by hand to mix thouroughly.
- Add stock and mix again by hand.
- Stuff into casings.
- Hope this is what you are looking for. It's the only recipe out of 22 that had any rosemary in it. Now that I have it I think I'll give it a try.
Thanks for requesting it. Never heard of rosemary in ANY sausage.