St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 (3-1/3 oz (95.2 grm).) pkg. instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) miniature chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp (1 ml). almond extract
- 1/2 of a can cream cheese frosting (1 cup)
- green color sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) candy-coated milk chocolate pieces, (green ones)
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper bake cups. ( St Patrick's or green bake cups would be nice.)
- In large mixing bowl stir together flour, pudding mix, chocolate chips, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl combine beaten eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla or almond extract.
- Stir into flour mixture just until combined.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting; sprinkle with green sugar then press divided green chocolate pieces on top of frosting.
- These stir-and-bake cupcakes need no mixer, so they go together super-quick.
The children and leprechauns alike will love the color and the loads of chocolate chips inside "even more", then the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.