- Karen Latimer
Serves/Makes: Make 5 dozen.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) icing sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cream of tartar
- granulated sugar
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Mix in egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add flour, soda, cream of tartar. Mix well.
- Roll out and cut with cookie cutters.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 7 to 8 minutes.
- This was in an old Betty Crocker cookbook of my mom's.