Southwestern White Chicken Chile
- Tasty chile with chicken and spices and topped with cheese that is simple to prepare.
- olive oil
- 1 lb (.5 kg). chicken breast meat, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chicken broth
- 1 4-oz. can chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried cilantro
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 15-oz. can white beans (any kind is fine)
- chopped green onions - for garnish
- shredded monterey jack cheese - for garnish
- Heat some oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Add chicken and onions (add one chopped green onion, reserve more for garnish) and cook for about five minutes.
- Stir in the broth and all the seasonings; simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer for five more minutes.
- Serve immediately sprinkling with plenty of cheese and green onions.
- Serve with some hot buttery flour tortillas and some pico de gallo sauce and sour cream for a fabulous Southwestern style meal.