- Wonderful barbeque flavored chicken breasts topped with slices of cheese and ham and broiled.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- black pepper
- garlic salt
- Italian seasonings
- 1 18-oz. bottle sweet hickory-style barbeque sauce
- 4 thick slices of ham or canadian bacon
- 4 thick slices of provolone or monterey jack cheese
- chopped green onions
- chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Season chicken breasts with the pepper, garlic salt and Italian seasonings to your taste (i prefer well seasoned).
- Place chicken in well greased baking dish (13 x 9) and bake in oven until juices are clear and tender - about thirty minutes - do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and pour on barbeque sauce.
- Top each slice of ham and then a slice of cheese on top of ham.
- Broil or bake for five minutes,or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with chopped green onions and tomatoes.
- Excellent dish - goes well with some green salad and potatoes or even in a bun!