Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake
- A very moist cake and keeps well
- Darlene Schlegel
Serves/Makes:20 nice sized servings
- 1-3/4 c boiling water
- 1 c oatmeal, quick or old-fashioned
- 1 c lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 stick margarine
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1-3/4 c flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) cocoa
- 1 pkg (12 oz (336 grm).) chocolate chips
- 3/4 c chopped nuts
- Pour boiling water over oatmeal.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Add sugars and margarine.
- Stir until margarine melts.
- Add eggs, flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- Add to sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add about half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased/floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle nuts, remainder of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes or until done.