- Tender chicken pieces simmered in a delicately spiced coconut milk.
- d. lishus
- 1 chicken, cut into serving pieces
- salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- juice of a lemon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon rind (optional)
- oil for cooking (coconut, if available, or any will do)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried ginger powder, or 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh minced ginger
- 2 cups (475 ml) coconut cream/milk
- Generously rub chicken with seasonings and marinate in lemon juice and rind for at least one hour.
- Heat a few tbsp oil in large pot over med-high heat and saute onions and garlic and a few minutes, until soft and golden.
- Add chicken and continue to stir and cook until nearly done.
- Reduce heat and add the sugar, ginger and tomatoes and cook a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer over low heat until sauce thickens and chicken is fully cooked, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot with rice.