- from mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:3 or more
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) blanched almonds, slivered and toasted
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) mayonnaise(can be low fat)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt(optional)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) or more freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). curry powder (or 2 tsp (10 ml).)
- Mix chicken, celery, almonds and onion in a bowl.
- Combine maynnaise with lemon juice, pepper, salt(if using) and curry powder.
- Stir into chicken mixture.
- Serve on crisp leaf lettuce or on toast points of whole wheat or as a sandwich.
- adapted from PASS THE PLATE COOKBOOK