- Chicken and Rice seasoned with Saffron
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chicken pieces
- 2 tsp (10 ml). saffron
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). pepper
- 3-3/4 cups (875 ml) of water
- 1 jar red roasted peppers, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) rice
- Brown onion in 1 tsp (5 ml) oil.
- Add garlic, then add chicken.
- Cook chicken for about 5 minutes turning over after about 2 minutes.
- Add water and rice.
- Add all seasonings
- Cook covered until rice is cooked.
- Lay roasted peppers on top and cover until they are hot.
- Serve with peas, if desired
- This recipe comes from my mothers family in Spain.