Serves/Makes:4 dozen or more
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) margerine
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (475 ml) 100% Bran
- 2 cups (475 ml) boiling water
- 1 qt. buttermilk
- 5 cups (1175 ml) flour
- 5 tsp (25 ml) soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 cups (950 ml) All-bran
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). chopped dates (opt.)
- nuts or raisins (opt.)
- Pour boiling water over 100% Bran and set aside.
- Cream sugar and margarine, add eggs and beat til fluffy.
- Add buttermilk and 100% Bran mixture (that was set aside).
- Sift flour, soda and salt and add into the batter.
- Fold in the All-bran and any other options.
- Store in refrigerator in a tightly sealed container up to 6 weeks.
- Spray muffin pans with vegetable spray (i.e. Pam).
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees (200 C.).