Curried Chicken Casserole
- Curried chicken and rice dish.
- Jenay T.
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). package long grain wild rice mix (I use Farmhouse brand)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) curry powder
- 2 cups (475 ml) cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh parsley
- Prepare the rice mix according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, wine and curry powder.
- Stir in chicken and cooked rice.
- Turn into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35-40 minutes.
- Just before serving garnish with parsley.
- Requested over and over by our local card group!