- mhb from nj
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). boneless lamb, cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried dillweed
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced carrots
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced celery
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced onion
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 can chicken broth or beef broth
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) dairy sour cream (can use low fat)
- Brown lamb pieces in hot oil.
- Sprinkle in dillweed and garlic clove.
- Add broth and 1 cup (225 ml) water.
- Cover and simmer until meat is almost tender, about 35 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery and onions; cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Blend flour with 3/4 cup (175 ml) cold water.
- Stir into stew.
- Cook until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream; serve.
- Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Encyclopedia of Cooking.