- A mild, but tasty, cheese ball for entertaining any time of year.
Serves/Makes:10 or more
- 2 (8 oz (224 grm).) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (475 ml) (8 oz (224 grm).) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped pimento
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped finely green pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp (10 ml) worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- dash of ground red pepper (i.e.cayenne)
- dash of salt (opt.)
- chopped pecans
- Combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese, mixing at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add all remaining ingredients except pecans; mix well.
- Chill several hours.
- Shape into a ball or log; roll in pecans.
- Serve with crackers.
- I don't care for the strong taste of many cheese balls but, even though sharp chedder cheese is used in the recipe, this one is mild and tasty.
It can be toned down even more by reducing or even eliminating the green pepper and pimento but it's great the way it is.
This is a Philadelphia Creme Cheese recipe from the 70's.