Country Cookin' Breakfast Pie
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 8 oz (224 grm) pork sausage, browned and drained
- 1 cup (225 ml) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (southern style, if available)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheese - favorite kind
- 4 eggs (or 5)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cream (or up to 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- extra cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Place pie crust on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle sausage on bottom of crust.
- Top with potatoes, onions, bell peppers and cheese.
- Beat eggs and cream, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Pour over pie.
- Bake thirty minutes, or until egg is just cooked and top is lightly brown.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese, if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!