Blackberry Castle Bar-B-Que Ribs
- A sumptuous bar-b-que dish that is also a miracle marinade for an assortment of meats & fish.
- KCKIDZtm RECIPEEZ cookbook. ISBN#0-9655439-0-0
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). spareribs(baby back are best)
- BCP's Miracle Marinade:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted melted butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) blackberry jam or syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chili sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) catsup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Mrs.Dash Spicy Herb seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- Wrap the ribs(baby backs) in double thickness of aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 1/2 hours.
- Unwrap and drain drippings.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over ribs saving some to use for basting.
- Marinate at room temperature 1 to 2 hours (longer will be better seasoned).
- Lay ribs on already hot grill, about 4 to 5 inches above coals.
- Turn often and baste with BCP's"miracle marinade"(DO NOT OVERCOOK).
- Should serve 6-7 but only if you have complementary side dishes.
These beautifully flavored and colored ribs are all you need for a GREAT family get together.
Best to double the "miracle marinade" when cooking 5 pounds of ribs or more,accordingly.
Submitted by Reggie Banks,Sr. Overland Park,Kansas